Sunday, July 19, 2009

When i thought i could handle it

Honestly, i thought i could handle it when the day came for the news to hit me. Somehow when it really came, I was still struck stunned and surprised.

Guess im feeling much better now, when all the surprises and excitement died down. Earlier today, I saw in facebook that C (the ex) had updated her fb status after such a long time.

And the first thing i saw was news of her being a mother of a new born baby girl. It did felt like a dream then. There was a feeling of happiness and excitement, yet at the same time of surprise and "Oh wow" kind of feeling. I was kinda at loss for a moment, not knowing what to do. Instinctively was to sms her congratulations instead.

I guess why i felt this way was because it had been only back in August last year when i last spoke to her. And just a year later, she's married and a mother.

I told myself before, that very i day when I moved on, that I would not feel a thing when she gets married. And that I will be happy for her. Right now, i'm happy and at the same time, there was a sinking feeling in my heart that things happened faster than I expected.

I'm glad the sinking feeling didn't last too long. I got over it before the evening was over. Still, just thot I will feel better if I let it out of the system. And where's the safest place to let out? Here, I would feel.

No comments: